CCK Reopening Page
Calvary Chapel Kelowna is reopening our corporate gatherings. We started with some Home Group gatherings, and are re-opening our Sunday Service on June 28th, 2020.
Here’s the information meeting held June 23rd, with all the details:
There’s some information we need to know from you – and we want to help manage your expectations, read on…
What we need from you:
- Are you planning to return to church? We need a yes or a no.
- If yes, how many people from your household will be returning?
- If you have not already done so, please email Donna Lowe: firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that not everyone is comfortable returning to in-person church.
- Opting out? You can opt back in when you’re ready. Just email us and we will schedule you in at the next available opportunity
- Live streaming will continue as usual
What you can expect:
- CCK will be following the BC Provincial Government and Worksafe BC COVID-19 guidelines
- Self-assessment questions are listed below. Please follow the Apostle Paul’s example as it is written in Philippians 2:3 “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves” We want to do our best to keep everyone safe
- We will be returning under the maximum occupancy rules of 50 people per week. The 50 people max. includes all those who will be serving to make church happen for you
- Masks are welcomed but not provided. Plenty of hand sanitizer will be available on-site
- Families from the same household will be able to sit close together, otherwise, a 6′ distance will be maintained between each guest
Who’s coming and when?
- Those who have responded “yes” to this email (in writing) will be included in the rotation lists
- The rotation lists will be published in advance through the e-bulletin (see the note at the bottom about opportunities for rescheduling)
When and how to arrive:
- Arrival time is from 10:10 – 10:20am.
- Church will begin promptly at 10:30am
- Due to COVID-19 protocols, we can’t accommodate late arrivals
- Please park in every other parking stall
- Make your way to the welcome station (follow physical distance entry – signage provided) and the greeter will give you directions as you enter the building.
What to expect inside:
- We kindly ask you to proceed directly to the Ann Rauser Hall (ARH) where an usher will show you to your seat
- Please do not linger in the foyer
- We invite you to bring your own coffee/tea. Our Fellowship Break is suspended at this time, so no refreshments will be served
- Single-occupancy washrooms will be available down the hall by the Kids Church rooms (follow the directional signage)
- We will provide activity sheets for the children. There will be no Kids Church at this time
- In order to accommodate families with small children, our service length will be shorter than usual
Best practices for trading weeks:
If family/individuals can’t attend on their assigned rotation week, trades are permitted under the following guidelines:
- Must be equal-sized (or less in numbers) trade
- Families/individuals will need to make their own trade arrangements
- When you arrive at church on an un-scheduled week, please notify the greeter of your trade and who’s place you are taking
- Due to the complexity of scheduling, Calvary Chapel Kelowna will otherwise not be involved in any re-scheduling
- Within the last 10 days, have you experienced a fever, cough, sore throat, chills, or breathing issues?
- Have you been with anyone who has recently been sick or has recently been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have you recently (in the past 14 days) been outside of the Interior Health Region and with large groups of people or at mass gatherings?
- Have you recently (in the past 14 days) returned from outside of Canada
If you are unable to answer “no” to any of the above questions, please do not attend church on your scheduled week
Do you have more questions:
Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.